Does your school deserve a GRAMMY? And a little bit of cash for your music programs to go along with it?
If your school has a totally great music program with a fantastic music teacher or two thrown in -- it does. Or if you are keeping music classes in your school despite that fact that you barely have a budget for sheet music much less instruments – it does.
GRAMMY Signature School awards are given to high school music programs that are keeping music programs alive and well despite budgets and school politics. Each school gets a GRAMMY Award and a cash prize of up to $10,000. Schools compete in different categories based on excellence or need.
We have GRAMMY Signature Schools from every size city and town across the country.
Congratulations to the 2013 GRAMMY Signature Schools Award Winners!
2013 National GRAMMY Signature School ($10,000)
Neuqua Valley High School — Naperville, Ill.
2013 GRAMMY Signature Schools Gold ($5,500 each)
Marcus High School — Flower Mound, Texas
York Community High School — Elmhurst, Ill.
2013 GRAMMY Signature Schools ($2,000)
Northwood High School — Irvine, Calif.
2013 GRAMMY Signature Schools Enterprise Award ($5,500 each)
Colony High School — Palmer, Alaska
Compton High School — Compton, Calif.
John Marshall High School — Los Angeles
North Central High School — Spokane, Wash.
Palacios High School — Palacios, Texas
Sahuarita High School — Sahuarita, Ariz.
Click here for the 2012 GRAMMY Signature Schools Award Winners:
2012 National GRAMMY Signature School ($15,000)Highest-ranking Signature Schools recipient
- Douglas Anderson School of the Arts — Jacksonville, Fla.
2012 GRAMMY Signature Schools Gold ($5,000 each)Recognizes quality string, wind/percussion, & choral performance ensemblesFlower Mound High School — Flower Mound, Texas
- Flower Mound High School — Flower Mound, Texas
- Green Valley High School — Henderson, Nev.
- Las Vegas Academy of International Studies, Performing and Visual Arts — Las Vegas, Nev.
- Prospect High School — Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Westwood High School — Austin, Texas
2012 GRAMMY Signature Schools ($2,500)
Recognizes excellent performance ensembles & high quality instruction
- Jeffersonville High School — Jeffersonville, Ind.
2012 GRAMMY Signature Schools Enterprise Award ($5,500 each)Based primarily on financial needBartlett High School — Anchorage, Alaska
- Bartlett High School — Anchorage, Alaska
- Billings Senior High School — Billings, Mont.
- Chazy High School — Chazy, N.Y.
- David Douglas High School — Portland, Ore.
- East Anchorage High School — Anchorage, Alaska
- Ewing High School — Trenton, N.J.
- Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center — Columbus, Ohio
- Hialeah Gardens High School — Hialeah Gardens, Fla.
- Pahoa High & Intermediate School — Pahoa, Hawaii
- Philomath High School — Philomath, Ore.
- Towers High School — Belvedere Park, Ga.
And the application is so simple it’s ridiculous.
No – wait. Here’s something really ridiculous: NOT filling out the app, and NOT getting really easy money, and NOT getting a GRAMMY for your school.
Don’t be ridiculous. Click Apply now and see what we mean.
"Your GRAMMY Signature Schools program is much needed for the betterment of school music programs across the country as well as for the very survival of other music programs. Cuts are being considered in our state and school district, and with this award, the move to make cuts in the music program will be very difficult. As you can imagine, our parents and community are very excited more now than ever, and they have more substance with which to fight any pending cuts. This is all because of you and the GRAMMY Signature Schools program."
— 2006 National GRAMMY Signature School Ann Arbor, Mich.