Journalist, singer, songwriter, rap artist, percussionist, designer and a cancer survivor of Retinoblastoma
SEMI-FINALIST SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- GRAMMY Signature Schools recipients receive:
- Between $1,000 up to $15,000 for their music department budget.
- Exceptional local and national public relations opportunities for receiving media attention for school and music program.
- The prestigious GRAMMY Signature Schools Award
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Failure to do so may cause your submission to be disqualified.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING
Recorded Performance Samples:
Prepare for submission four copies of an audio compact disc (CD) that best represents your program and adheres to the following guidelines:
- Minimum time for each excerpt is 1 minute 15 seconds; maximum combined time for excerpts in categories one through four is 5 minutes per category.
- Maximum combined time for category five is 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Create the recorded excerpts in the following order:
- Category 1 – Choral Program
- Category 2 – String Program (String Orchestra, Full Orchestra, etc.)
- Category 3 – Wind/Percussion Program
- Category 4 – Additional performance material of ensembles NOT represented above (e.g. Jazz Band, Rock Ensembles, etc.)
- Category 5 – Guitar Ensembles and/or Piano Ensembles if you have them
- Submit performance excerpts of one or multiple selections or excerpts that are within the total allotted time per category. DO NOT exceed the category maximums, even if you choose to not submit in one or more categories.
- Record and identify each excerpt as a separate track on the CD (keeping the category time minimums and maximums in mind).
- Submit live recorded performances or rehearsals that are not overdubbed nor created in a recording studio.
- Include only the best ensembles in each category (no beginning level groups).
- Test each copy of the CD in at least one other CD player to ensure it will play properly.
- Do not submit tracks with guest artists or ensembles with individuals not enrolled in your school.
- Do not submit DVDs or videotapes.
Include only the following labeling information on your audio CD copies:
- Your SEMI-FINALIST code written or printed on the CD and CD packaging.
- Track number, ensemble, title, composer/arranger and length of each excerpt on CD packaging. Please also upload your CD track listing as a Word Document in the following format: 1, Billie’s Bounce, Jazz Choir, 1:40sec. See instructions under “Repertoire List” below for the link to upload this list.
- DO NOT put the school name, mascot or any other identifying information on either the CD or CD packaging.
- Remember to submit FOUR copies of the audio CD
- Provide a listing by ensemble of musical selections performed from January 2014 to present. Include title, movement(s), composer, arranger, grade level (if available) and performing ensemble. This is to be a sampling (up to 8 titles per ensemble). Include no more than 8 ensembles.
- Include your SEMI-FINALIST code on the list. DO NOT put the school name, mascot or any other identifying information on the list.
- Upload your Repertoire list by clicking here in Word, PDF or plain text format. As mentioned above, this is the same link you’ll use to upload your CD track listing in Word format.
Please submit ONLY the materials listed to the GRAMMY Foundation in a 12"x 16" or smaller envelope. Note: DO NOT use padded mailers other than the bubble type mailers.
GRAMMY Signature Schools Supplemental Materials must be RECEIVED by December 6, 2014
Please send in 12" x 16" (maximum size) envelope to:
The GRAMMY Foundation
Attn: GRAMMY Signature Schools
3030 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Note: Materials cannot be returned.
Questions or comments: