GRAMMY Camp, GRAMMY in the Schools Media Team
SEMI-FINALIST SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
GRAMMY Signature Schools Enterprise Award recipients receive:
- Up to $5,550 for the music department budget.
- Exceptional local and national public relations opportunities for receiving media attention for school and music program.
- The prestigious GRAMMY Signature Schools Enterprise Award
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Failure to do so may cause your submission to be disqualified.
Recorded Performance Samples:
Prepare for submission four copies of an audio compact disc (CD) of you best vocal or instrumental ensemble (no soloists) that adheres to the following guidelines:
- Select only ONE ensemble. This should be your best ensemble (instrumental or vocal).
- Record one or more compositions or excerpts. The minimum length of each individual composition or excerpt is 1:15 and the maximum length for all excerpts is five minutes.
- Record and identify each excerpt as a separate track on the CD (keeping time minimums and maximum in mind).
- Submit live recorded performances and/or rehearsals that are not overdubbed nor created in a recording studio.
- Recording(s) may be of a performance OR a rehearsal and can be done with any type of handheld recorder or cell phone.
- Test each copy of the CD in at least one other CD player to ensure it will play properly.
- Do not submit tracks with guest artists or ensembles with individuals not enrolled in your school as a senior high student.
- Recordings from January 2015 to present are eligible.
Include only the following on your audio CD copies:
- Your provided Semi-Finalist Code written or printed on the CD and CD packaging.
- If you've lost your code: notify us immediately at email@example.com and the semi-finalist code will be emailed to you.
- Include track number, ensemble, title, composer/arranger and length of each excerpt on the CD packaging.
- DO NOT put the school name, mascot or any other identifying information on either the CD or CD packaging.
Remember, submit FOUR copies of the audio CD
- Provide a listing (unstapled by ensemble), of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 12 musical selections performed from January 2015 to present. Include title, movement(s), composer, arranger, grade level (if available) and performing ensemble.
Additional Information – Provide a listing of the following:
- Performance ensembles at your public high school
- Non-performance classes taught at your public high school
Please submit ONLY the materials listed to the GRAMMY Foundation in a 12"x 16" or smaller envelope.
GRAMMY Signature Schools Enterprise Award Supplemental Materials must be RECEIVED by January 8, 2015.
Note: If you are a GRAMMY Signature Schools Semi-Finalist you do NOT need to resubmit your Supplemental Materials.
Please send in 12" x 16" (maximum size) envelope to:
The GRAMMY Foundation
Attn: GRAMMY Signature Schools
3030 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Note: Materials cannot be returned.